The University of Adelaide is a member of the Group of Eight, a coalition of research-intensive universities in Australia.
The University has a proud history of excellence in research over 150 years and has been the home to many scholars of international distinction. The University constitutes a vibrant and diverse community with over 25,000 students and over 3,500 members of staff across our three main campuses. The University of Adelaide comprises 5 academic faculties:
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering, Mathematical and Computer Sciences
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of the Professions
The University has relevant research, infrastructure and test capability through such areas as:
- The Institute for Photonics and Sensing (IPAS)
- Mechanical Engineering: acoustic and vibration testing, wind tunnel, laser diagnostics
- Adelaide Radar Research Centre: expertise in Radio Frequency systems, antennas signal processing and networking.
Expertise and Capabilities
The University of Adelaide is research intensive in areas such as engineering and science including: sensing systems, image and signal processing, software systems, mechanical systems, autonomous and robotic systems, RF and communication systems, range safety, test and evaluation.
The University has dedicated centres such as: the Adelaide Radar Research Centre and the Institute for Photonics and Sensing, directly relevant to national requirements. It has experimental, design and test facilities where significant investments (over $100m) over many years enables it to participate from the research phase through to launch and management of capability.
The University Research Unit on Military Law and Ethics (RUMLAE) established to examine legal and policy issues relevant to military and security matters, has significant expertise in space law, teaching Strategic Space Law and it has launched a major international and interdisciplinary research project (partnering with McGill University, Montreal) on governance of outer space.
Unique Selling Points
Unique capabilities include:
- wind tunnel test environment
- engTest capability (electronic, mechanical and civil engineering test capability)
- acoustic, vibrational and laser diagnostics capabilities
- 6 Degrees of Freedom simulation table
- software simulation environment
- space weight and power modelling for on-board processing capability
- extensive simulation and modelling capability
- ability to build prototypes, test and evaluate
- access to various field ranges
This button will take you to the organisation's website or contact page.