TAFE SA is one of the largest providers of vocational education and training in Australia with over 70,000 students in 1,300 courses.
TAFE SA skills training supports space related industries in the following program areas: Electrical and Electronic Engineering; Fabrication, Machining and Welding; Software Development; Cyber Security; Electro-technology including solar and renewable energies; Finance; Project Management; Workforce Development; and Leadership. Skills are delivered through short courses and Certificates level I to IV; Diplomas; Advanced Diplomas; Associate Degrees; Degrees and Vocational Graduate Diplomas.
TAFE SA works with industry, enterprises, schools and higher education institutions to deliver relevant, high-quality training that links graduates with real job opportunities, creates further study pathways and encourages lifelong learning.
TAFE SA provides skills training across the majority of industries in South Australia. As such, TAFE SA’s training has the potential to reach a large percentage of the space related value chain as the sector grows in South Australia and nationally.
Expertise and Capabilities
- TAFE SA trains over 70,000 students a year in a wide range of both higher education and vocational qualifications.
- TAFE SA’s higher level qualifications include Associate Degrees in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering and Bio-medical Engineering. TAFE SA delivers vocational training from Certificate to Advanced Diploma level in Instrumentation and Control; Electronics and Communications Engineering; Computer Systems Technology; Network and Cyber Security; Data and Voice Communications; Engineering – Fabrication Trade; Engineering – Mechanical Trade; Surveying; Programming and Software Development; and Project Management and Leadership.
- TAFE SA employs over 1,000 lecturing staff, many of whom have current or recent experience in defence-related supply chains in Australia.
- TAFE SA has credit transfer and articulation arrangements with the University of Adelaide, University of South Australia and Flinders University.
- TAFE SA trains managers, staff and apprentices from the majority of Defence Prime Contractors and serves the skills needs of hundreds of supply chain SMEs in South Australia and nationally.
Unique Selling Points
TAFE SA is an independent statutory corporation of the Government of South Australia. TAFE SA provides tailored training services that extend beyond traditional training methods to incorporate:
- Recognition of current skills and prior learning.
- Development of skill sets specifically to meet sector-identified skills gaps.
- Use of industry job profiles to undertake functional analysis and workforce planning.
- Customised full courses, developed in consultation to meet industry-specific needs.
- Development and accreditation of industry-specific curriculum.
- Blended training methodologies incorporating online and face-to face approaches.
- 3D simulated training.
- Augmented reality training.
- Extensive physical and online training infrastructure, with over 40 campuses in South Australia and thousands of online courses.
This button will take you to the organisation's website or contact page.