Southern Launch is a launch service provider, headquartered in Adelaide, South Australia.
Southern Launch’s unique offering relates to all elements of launch, including designing, building, testing, and flying the next generation of smart rocket vehicles.
Their service includes the five key pillars of launch, including,
– Orbital launch: providing safe and rapid access to polar and sun synchronous orbits for rockets and payloads
– Suborbital launch: to safely test and recover rocket technologies while protecting the natural environment
– Mission and campaign design, including rocket propulsion testing and safety analysis services
– Rocket design and avionics hardware consulting
– Securing technology transfer, launch licensing, and launch insurance
Our team of leading engineers, project managers, specialists, and regulation experts have developed a full-service continuum catering to the key needs of rocket manufacturers and their payload customers.
Expertise and Capabilities
Southern Launch manage all aspects of a launch campaign, from customer-specific launch vehicle selection, associated launch preparation and operations through to mathematical flight performance simulations, safety management and logistics.
Using MAGIC (MATLAB & ASTOS Graphical Interface & Controller), Southern Launch’s in-house software, we have the ability to calculate range safety hazard areas and risk assessments compliant to the FAA and ASA requirements.
With decades of experience spanning global industries including launch, infrastructure, and logistics, the Southern Launch team can provide valuable insight and assistance in developing a launch vehicle or planning and executing specific launch operations.
Our modular launch site designs cater for suborbital, small- and micro-lift launch vehicles, and can be adapted to suit specific and unique operational conditions. The multi-user design allows the site plans to be rapidly adapted to specific users with minimal time and effort.
Unique Selling Points
Southern Launch is a young, agile company embracing futuristic technologies to simplify space launch and subsequently drive down launch costs.
The Whalers Way Orbital Launch Complex (*subject to final approval) will be the only commercial, multi-user site that offers:
• Proximity to established industry infrastructure that can support rocket launches;
• Good year-round weather; and
• Unhindered southward launch trajectories across unpopulated areas with low density air and nautical traffic lanes.
The Koonibba Test Range is Australia’s largest rocket testing facility, specializing in suborbital launches, with:
· Over 10,000 square kilometres of range area
· Up to 145km downrange
· Overland payload recovery
· Support from the logistics hub of Ceduna.
Southern Launch can offer greater launch window availability, and hence launch schedule flexibility. This will translate into more launches and profit for rocket manufacturers, and a quicker time to orbit for satellite manufacturers.
- Component and Subsystem Management
- Launch Services
- Launch Support Services
- Legal Services
- Space-related Research and Development
- System Engineering and Technical Support
- System Engineering and Technical Support Services
- Technical Support Services
This button will take you to the organisation's website or contact page.