Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs approximately 125,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.
Lockheed Martin Australia (LMA) has grown to over 1000 staff currently engaged throughout Australia – from Queensland to Western Australia, South Australia and many points in between. Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company is actively involved in Australia by:
- being a contributing partner in the Space Environment Research Centre
- developing a ground based space situational awareness sensor in Western Australia.
Expertise and Capabilities
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company (SSC) has more than 50 years’ experience in space system design, development, operations and sustainment. Its portfolio extends across:
- commercial space – remote sensing, commercial SATCOM, and wind energy management
- military space – protected communications, narrowband communications, navigation, weather, early warning, space protection
- civil space – human exploration, planetary exploration, weather and environment
- advanced technologies – optics, Radio Frequency and photonics; advanced manufacturing and nano systems; and space science and instruments
- launch capability – medium and heavy through United Launch Alliance, our joint venture with Boeing.
Unique Selling Points
Lockheed Martin is an innovative company that uses research and development to solve some of the world’s most complex problems.
By combining skilled staff with an experienced management team, and through a customer oriented contracting approach that offers real value-for-money solutions, Lockheed Martin aims to continue to grow and establish itself as a major presence in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region. As part of this growth Lockheed Martin seeks to partner with niche Australian high technology companies and provide those companies with reach-back to access deep technical expertise, market and supply chain opportunities.
This button will take you to the organisation's website or contact page.