An Adelaide based company jointly held by Australian interests with Italian investment and technical foundations provided by Ariespace, a spinoff company of University of Naples Federico II.
Using satellite based information and regional meteorological data, the company has been established to deliver user-friendly and cost-effective analysis of crop development or landscape condition on a regular in-season basis and which will:
- guide irrigation delivery and management of other inputs and sensors
- highlight variation between and across blocks/fields to direct scouting for
- pest and disease issues
- maturity assessment
- weed or other stress
- support landscape and natural resource management.
Expertise and Capabilities
Irriscan innovative technologies and competitive advantages are based on the conjunction of competencies developed in different contexts and unified in a young, dynamic and multi-disciplinary working team.
- Earth observation techniques
- High resolution map classification, multi-date, multi-resolution image segmentation approach to estimate land-cover classification maps
- Detecting forest extension and degradation, modelling forest biomass and its change
- Spatial processes analysis and land monitoring
- Crop water balance and crop development based on remote sensing data
- Designing and developing web based Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and decision support systems varying in size, complexity, and computing environment
- Ground based measurements, validation and calibration.
Unique Selling Points
- Rapid turn around
- Relatively low costs compared with alternative technologies
- ‘Dashboard’ presentation for grower clients; linkage with in-field practice
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) interface for water providers and Natural Resource Management clients.
This button will take you to the organisation's website or contact page.