The SmartSat Cooperative Research Centre (CRC) is the biggest space industry-research collaboration in Australia’s history.
It is a national research powerhouse with more than 85 participants comprising universities, global space companies, Australian SMEs and more than 35 start-ups.
As a collaborative networked system it will assist in building commercial capability through coordination of its members and the provision of support and guidance internally and/or via third parties.
Expertise and Capabilities
SmartSat CRC will conduct R&D through collaboration between Universities and Industry in:
- Communications and Connectivity enabling access to high speed telecommunications;
- Earth observations from space enabling us to understand and predict weather and extreme climatic events and helps us monitor out rivers and oceans, urban developments and national assets such as the great Barrier Reef; and
- Positioning, navigation and timing which are increasingly utilised in our transportation systems in logistics, search and rescue, security, precision farming and mining.
The Key areas of industry focus are:
- Agriculture and farming
- Mining and natural resources
- Defence & Security
- Transport & Logistics
Unique Selling Points
The SmartSat CRC will contribute to building Australia’s Space Industry by transforming the mining, agricultural and other major sectors of the economy. It will also contribute to Australia’s Defence and national security needs.
- Space-related Research and Development
This button will take you to the organisation's website or contact page.